Thursday 5 July 2012

The Cottage Garden - The Sheltered Garden


I thought that I could make a quiet corner in the garden. I have a painting of a cherry tree casting dappled sunlight onto a round table where a mother is teaching her young son to read. It has always struck all sorts of chords for me - the gentle atmosphere created by dappled sunlight, the closeness of a mother and her child, the first ventures towards learning, the whole world of reading and all that that entails, the fleeting moments of childhood captured in the memory. So, here, I am endeavouring to create such a space. Like so many things in life the transitions from idea to reality entail a lot of work. I have enjoyed every process so far along the way, especially the hard work because it is so rewarding.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...